It is a new year! The start of the new year comes with so new trends that will be popping up in design. If you have been wanting to change things up for your brand and business this year add some design trends into your brand is a great way to do it. This can be the best way if you need a refresh for your brand and are unsure what to to do. Incorporating a new design element in your brand can add a little refresh without completely redoing your branding.
*Please note, some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Here are my top picks for design trends to use in your branding this year!
They have made a comeback! I remember I used to use gradients a lot when I designed graphics back in high school circa 2008. Just like fashion, design trends always come back in style!
Ways you can incorporate gradients into your brand:
– Overlays! You can add gradient overlays on top of photos using your favorite photo editing app. It is a great way of adding your brand colors to a photo!
– A gradient logo. I would suggest choosing a two-toned gradient in your brand colors and use that has a new variation of your logo.
– You can find awesome gradients to match your brand color palette on Creative Market. It is my number one go to for my design resources.
This year will be all about photography and I agree its one of the best ways to get your brand noticed. Using photos make your brand more relatable to your customer and makes your brand more personable as well.
Tips for incorporating photos into your branding:
– Make sure to use photos that compliment your branding:
– Do not take photos from google! This can be a copyright infringement. Make sure you are using free or buying your own stock photos. I like using both free and paid sites for stock photos. Some free sites I like to use Pexels and Kaboom Pics and paid sites I use are Adobe Stock and ShutterStock .