It is a new year! The start of the new year comes with so new trends that will be popping up in design. If you have been wanting to change things up for your brand and business this year add some design trends into your brand is a great way to do it. This can be the best way if you need a refresh for your brand and are unsure what to to do. Incorporating a new design element in your brand can add a little refresh without completely redoing your branding.
*Please note, some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I use and love. Thank you for your support!
Here are my top picks for design trends to use in your branding this year!
They have made a comeback! I remember I used to use gradients a lot when I designed graphics back in high school circa 2008. Just like fashion, design trends always come back in style!
Ways you can incorporate gradients into your brand:
– Overlays! You can add gradient overlays on top of photos using your favorite photo editing app. It is a great way of adding your brand colors to a photo!
– A gradient logo. I would suggest choosing a two-toned gradient in your brand colors and use that has a new variation of your logo.
– You can find awesome gradients to match your brand color palette on Creative Market. It is my number one go to for my design resources.
This year will be all about photography and I agree its one of the best ways to get your brand noticed. Using photos make your brand more relatable to your customer and makes your brand more personable as well.
Tips for incorporating photos into your branding:
– Make sure to use photos that compliment your branding:
– Do not take photos from google! This can be a copyright infringement. Make sure you are using free or buying your own stock photos. I like using both free and paid sites for stock photos. Some free sites I like to use Pexels and Kaboom Pics and paid sites I use are Adobe Stock and ShutterStock .
3) Bright Colors
One of the toughest decisions for my clients during the branding process is choosing a color palette. If you want to go trendy with your brand, bright colors are the way to go. They will definitely pop and get you noticed!
Tips for using bright colors in your brand:
– Make sure bright colors align with your business and brand if not I would not suggest using them just because they are on trend if they do totally go for it!
– If you are not as daring but still want a pop of color in your brand I would suggest just using one bold color as your main color paired with neutral colors.
– If you are overwhelmed by choosing your brand colors and would like to know what they would look like printed I would suggest using a Pantone color book. With my clients, I use a Pantone color book to show what their brand colors will look like printed. If you are looking to get a lot of print materials for your business I would suggest getting one yourself for reference. It also helps when using a printer to know exactly what you are going to get when you get a product printed. I use these Pantone Color Books.
4) Subtle Metallic Elements
Using metallic foiling in branding has been popular for awhile now and still hold true this year. The best way to incorporate metallic foil is through print products! I design sticker and business cards for my clients. metallic stickers. One of my clients incorporated the metallic in her logo for her business cards and it looks great! It really gives some added value to her logo.
Tips for using metallics in your brand:
– Do not go overboard! I would suggest only using it subtlety you don’t want your whole brand to be in metallic. Either incorporating it into a pattern or for your logo. I have done my logo in metallic for my portfolio book against a black background it stands out. I chose to do a silver because it goes along with my branding.
– If you are searching for a printer that does gold & silver foiling I would suggest Moo. They offer gold and silver foiling adds on to business card designs & sticker designs. I personally use Moo for printing my own business cards and you can’t beat the quality for an online printing company.
If you are looking for logo + branding design for check out my Design Services to get in touch with me to start your project!